By Craig Ballantyne
Forget about purchasing a gym membership you'll never use. And don't worry if you don't have thousands of dollars to spend on complex home gym machines. All you need is a set of dumbells and your bodyweight to do dozens of exercises that burn fat at home.
If you have dumbells, you can do even more exercises, and increase the challenge of your bodyweight exercises. If you don't want to go to a workout center anymore, then don't worry, you can burn fat at home.
Plus, by exercising at home, you'll get your workouts done in the same amount of time as it would take to drive to the gym and back. Talk about a time saver!
Here are 27 exercises you can do at home to lose fat and build muscle, helping you burn belly fat and get 6-pack abs.
By putting these exercises together into supersets, you can get a total body resistance training workout done in only 20 minutes. Follow that up with 15-20 minutes of interval training, and you'll have the best belly fat burning workout you can do in only 45 minutes.
Boring aerobic exercise is not necessary for fat loss. Let's take a look at these fat burning, minimal equipment exercises you can do in a small space in your own home.
Here are the lower body exercises you can do to boost your metabolism and build a better butt and legs.
2. Stability Ball Leg Curls (don't worry, these stability balls are super cheap, and you can get them for only $20 at almost any department store)
3. Lying hip extensions
4. Lying single leg hip extensions
5. Split Squats (aka. the stationary lunge)
6. Split Squats with your back foot elevated 6 inches
7. Reverse Lunges
8. Forward Lunges
10. 1-Leg Squats
Many of those calorie-burning exercises can be done with dumbells as well, if you need to increase the challenge. If you want to build muscle, you'll need to use dumbells as well.
There are many more lower body exercises you can do without machines. And its the same story with upper body exercises as well.
To work your arms and your chest, you can do all sorts of pushups.
1. Regular pushups
2. Close-grip pushups
3. Pushups with your feet elevated
4. Pushups with one hand elevated
5. My favorite, most difficult pushup, "Spiderman Pushups"
6. And beginners can start with either Incline Pushups or Kneeling Pushups.
If you have a bench and a set of dumbells, you can do...
1. Dumbell chest presses
2. Dumbell incline presses
3. Dumbell shoulder presses
And there are many variations of those you can do as well.
Training your back is trickier when exercising at home. If you have an adjustable pullup bar, you can do:
1. Inverted Bodyweight Rows (aka. Reverse Pushups)
3. Pullups (these are overhand grip and harder than chinups)
Of course, I'm leaving out many variations of these fantastic exercises.
If you don't have a bar, you need to use dumbells, and can do:
1. Dumbell Rows (there are probably a dozen different ways to do dumbell rows)
2. Dumbell Rear-Deltoid Raises
Finally, we'll finish with ab training exercises you can do at home. Let's ignore situps and crunches, since they aren't the best use of your time, and can damage the low back.
I avoid crunching type ab exercises in my programs and use static endurance exercises, like:
1. Planks (and side planks)
2. Mountain Climbers
3. Stability Ball Jackknives
4. Stability Ball Rollouts
5. The Ab Wheel (yes, this infomercial gadget is actually useful!)
So that's at least 29 fat burning exercises you can do at home. But in fact, simple variations in technique, or adding dumbells, or changing hand position can actually give you 101 exercises you can with this list to help you burn belly fat and sculpt your body.
About the Author
Find out why cardio is not the best way to burn fat at home in this free report, "The Dark Side of Cardio"
Fitness expert Craig Ballantyne shows you how to get ripped abs and what foods to avoid for fat burning.